The rules for the Liebster are as follows:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. You must answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. You must create 11 new questions for the people you nominate.
4. You must choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. No tag backs to the blog that nominated you, but do leave a comment on their post with the URL of your Liebster post.
Random Things About Me:
- Have held only 3 jobs in my whole life! (A store clerk, an insurance assistant & teacher :))
- When I visit my folks we always enjoy a cup of hot tea!
- Before Thanksgiving I always dress up like a Pilgrim woman at school.
- Went skydiving twice (both on the same day)!
- My favorite car was my 1972 Chevy Monte Carlo!
- Love the smell of my sheets after they have been hanging on the clothes line.
- Will someday apply to be the Iditarod Teacher on the Trail!
- Pizza is my favorite food - especially Papa Gino's!
- Sunday nights I "Hang Out" with several other educators from around the US.
- I love musicals!
- My favorite thing in the world is spending time with my family!
1. Why did you start blogging? Was introduced to it in Grad School & found it interesting - then took the Edublogs 30 Day Challenge (glad I did too!)
2. How long have you been blogging? Since December 2010
3. What's your favorite post that you've written? No School - All Schools!
4. Any pets? 2 Cats - Striker & SeeSaw
5. Favorite vacation spots? Lake Winnipesauki & Cape Cod
6. Favorite TV show? Modern Family
7. Fears? Small Enclosed Places; Dentist chair
8. Celebrity you resemble most? Ingrid Bergman
9. Favorite quote?A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops. Henry B. Adams
10. Wine or beer? Beer
11. Thoughts on country music? I like it!
- National or International traveler? National
- main course or dessert? Main Course
- What is the best compliment you've gotten from a student or parent? I became a teacher because of you!
- What is your favorite technology to use in the classroom? I love using Skype with my students
- ocean or river? Both-but I spend more time on the river!
- Apple or PC? Apple all the way!
- What is your favorite first day of school activity? Find a Friend Who....
- What is your favorite holiday dessert? Carrot Cake
- If you could travel anywhere where would you go? Alaska
- Favorite quote? A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops. Henry B. Adams
- beach or mountains? Mountains
- Favorite Book?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Favorite Sound?
- Book or eReader?
- Last movie you saw at the theater?
- If you weren't in education - what would you do?
- Can you speak another language? If so, which one?
- Favorite subject to teach?
- Sports team you like to watch?
- A favorite lesson to teach?
- Would you rather receive an email or letter in the mail?
- Mrs. White's Class
- Conversations Learning & Growing
- The Connected Teacher
- Dare to Care
- Chalk & Slate
- Math is Elementary
- The Sensibly Savy Teacher
- Wired for Technology
- Sing to Learn
- Creation Castle