|Our School Winner!|
The School Champion then goes on to take a 60 question multiple choice test for entry into the State Level Competition. The top 100 scorers compete for entry to the National Level Bee.
Questions for the Bee are rather tough. Some are multiple choice and some are not. (Final round questions are NOT multiple choice and students must provide answers.) Some examples:
- Which state is a part of the Delmarva Peninsula? Virginia/Maryland/Georgia
- Which agent of erosion is primarily responsible for creating limestone caves?
- Angkor Wat and Cappadocia are World Heritage sites found on which continent?
- Which of the following countries has the longest coastline? Iraq/Iran/Kuwait
Registration for participation occurs in October. Make sure you check out the National Geographic site for information.
- Frequently Asked Questions - National Geographic Bee
- Collections to Practice/Prepare with Students - National Geographic Bee Education
- Preparing for the Geo Bee - About.com
- Study Guide - Teachtopia.com